Whiskey & Orange Oat Cream Toddy
Updated: Jun 26, 2021
When the cool brisk nights begin and the evenings stay darker longer, we are inside more, and we tend to want something warm and comforting to drink. Am I right? I've got you covered!!! I found this drink in one of my favorite cook books. Now go ahead. Get your favorite fuzzy pajamas, warm slippers, a nice blanket, and maybe even sit around the fire!! Grab your cocktail and enjoy!!
Servings: 2 servings
freshly squeezed juice of 6 large oranges
1-1 1/2 tablespoons honey [can add more or less honey to taste]
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons Irish whisky
1 1/2 tablespoons (toasted) rolled oats
1. Squeeze the juice from the oranges. There should be about 1 1/2 cups of juice.
2. Strain the juice into a small saucepan. Add the honey and heat until hot but not boiling.
3. Whip the cream lightly until soft peaks form. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the whisky.
4. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of whisky to the hot orange juice.
5. Pour the mixture into 2 warm whisky glasses. Top with a layer of whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted oats.
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave us a comment if you like this drink, and be sure to click the heart! Also, leave a comment if you changed anything about this recipe and how that worked out for you! Thank you!!!