Updated: Jan 19, 2021
We all crave bread on keto, right? I can tell you this crazy bread recipe will knock your socks off! I've searched on the web for amazing recipes, but I wasn't finding anything that tasted quite like bread. I always loved Little Cesar's crazy bread. This was my inspiration, yet somehow making it keto-friendly. This recipe was approved by all of my family members and friends, especially the kids! I have broken it down as much as possible. Hope you enjoy.
Servings: around 7 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10-14 minutes
Total Time: 25-29 minutes
2 cups mozzarella cheese
3 ounces cream cheese
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon onion salt
1 tablespoon topping (after cooked) Pecorino Romano cheese [optional]
2 tablespoons (dipping) Rao's Marinara [optional]
1 tablespoon (after cooked) melted butter [optional]
1. Pre-heat oven to 450F.
2. Combine mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl for 45 seconds.
3. Then in a mixer, add all of the non-optional ingredients together. I really recommend the ingredients linked above because I've had really good experiences with them and can be used in several keto recipes.
4. Once blended together, grab 2 pieces of parchment paper. Place one on the counter and add your dough on top. With a rolling pin (a can of your Rao's Marinara sauce if you do not have one) or your hands, press down and form a square shape as best as you can.
5. Then take the top paper off and place it on a tray; the linked one is the prefect size for bread sticks. Leave the tray in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. The breadsticks WILL be soft when they first come out! Allow a few minutes to cool. Then cut the bread sticks and enjoy (with or without marinara sauce)!
6. Optionally, top the breadsticks with Pecorino Romano cheese and butter. For this, you want to turn the oven down to 350F and add those toppings. Leave them in the oven for 2-4 minutes, and allow them to cool. Then cut the breadsticks and enjoy (with or without marinara sauce)!
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave us a comment if you like this dish, and be sure to click the heart! Also, leave a comment if you changed anything about this recipe and how that worked out for you! Thank you!!!