Updated: May 8, 2021
Never miss out on having tacos again. These taco shells are truly a lifesaver. When you have a family that's both non-keto and keto, sometimes making dinners can be quite challenging. But with some modifications, we can all enjoy the same meal when we sit down for dinner. I'm so impressed with these taco shells that I no longer miss the crunchy corn shells. These shells are crisp and stay together well, which is a huge bonus. This is kid tested and keto mom approved. This is so simple it takes no time at all! Here we go.
Servings: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Total Time: 13-15 minutes
1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
2. Grab a large baking sheet and place a piece of parchment paper on top.
3. Now add your cheese. You want about 1/4 of cup per taco. Lay the cheese out thin. You should get about 4 on a tray. I made them like an ovalish square (cause that's a word haha).
4. Now you want to sprinkle some pepper on top.
5. They're ready for the oven now. In about 8-10 minutes, you want to see them change color, browning around the edges. The color change shows that the shells are done.
6. Once the shells are done, pull them out, and flip over your taco shell holder. Place a paper towel on top and then gently lay the taco shell over top and slightly form it around the holder.
7. Let them sit until they are completely cool (about 10 minutes). The longer they sit, the crunchier they get. You can't use them immediately, or they would be too soft. Once they are cool, you're ready to fill them up with your taco meat.
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave us a comment if you like this dish, and be sure to click the heart! Also, leave a comment if you changed anything about this recipe and how that worked out for you! Thank you!!!