Updated: Jan 19, 2021
Pizza chicken is a BIG hit in this house. Another one of the FEW things they will reheat. Sometimes will add pepperoni as a topping or even bacon. It just takes it up a notch. This is a great meal to have with a side salad or steamed broccoli. It's a one dish meal that's done in less than an hour from start to finish. It's SO VERY SIMPLE and will leave your house smelling so good!!! Not only that, you'll think you're having a chicken dish from your favorite Italian restaurant. It's that good!!! We use our favorite brand Rao's sauce (basil) and some fresh shredded mozzarella cheese. I can't say enough about Rao's. My friend Jim introduced me to it, and it was a game changer. The very first keto sauce my family likes. So good!!! There are a few different ways you can cook it. You can do it in a cast iron, oven, or even the crock pot. You can also have pre-made chicken on hand. If you have the pre-made chicken ready to go, you can have this ready in 15 minutes. But I'll save that for another recipe blog post. You can use thin cut chicken breast or, what I like to use the most for this recipe, chicken tenderloins. Today, I'm going to give you the recipe for the oven. Serve this with a glass of wine, and your night will be fine!! Haha!! Sorry for the corny joke, I had to!! I hope you enjoy this simple six ingredient, one dish delight!
Servings: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
Total Time: 40-50 minutes
2 pounds chicken tenderloin
1 cup Rao's basil sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil or extra virgin olive oil
1. Get that oven heated up to 350F.
2. Now, grab yourself an oven safe dish. 9 x 12 inch or whatever you have will work!! Place your chicken in the dish. Salt and pepper on both sides. Then, lightly drizzle olive oil on top.
3. Now, you want to add your Rao's sauce of choice. I prefer the basil for this. You can use as little as half of the jar. You want it to be covered but not drowning, if that makes sense. This will depend on the size of the dish you are using. Naturally if you like extra sauce, you can use more.
4. Now cover that dish up with some tin foil, and off to the oven it goes. Middle of the oven or slightly higher is ideal. I cook it for about 35-40 minutes. You can use a thermometer to be sure the internal temperature is cooked. This is the time you want to throw together a side salad. Grab yourself a bag of spring mix and add your favorite toppings.
5. OK, back to the chicken. Once your 35-40 minutes is up, uncover and top with some shredded mozzarella. You can add as little or as much as you want. The chicken is usually hot enough where the cheese will melt right away. But if not or if you want a more crusted/brown top, simply put it back in the oven for a few more minutes. Then that's it!!! How easy was that!?!?!?
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave us a comment if you like this dish, and be sure to click the heart! Also, leave a comment if you changed anything about this recipe and how that worked out for you! Thank you!!!