Updated: Jun 26, 2021
Let me start by saying, you will feel like you were cheating on keto with these chips. My non-keto family devoured them! They are so simple to do that you will be adding them to your weekly snack list for sure!! They're crunchy, crispy, and filling. You can make over 40 chips per 8 ounce bag of cheddar cheese. OK let's get started.
Servings: around 13 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5-8 minutes
Total Time: 10-13 minutes
Ingredients for Chips
1 (8 ounce) package shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/8 cup onion salt
Ingredients for Dip
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon chives
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F
2. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet and begin to add your cheese. You want to have about 1/8 of a cup of cheese per chip. Once you have your cheese laid out on your tray, you should have approximately 12 chips per tray.
3. You would now sprinkle a pinch of onion salt on each chip and about an 1/8 of a teaspoon per chip. Feel free to adjust the amount for individual taste, though.
4. They're now ready to go in the oven for approximately 5-8 minutes. You'll know they are ready when they start to brown on the edges.
5. Once they are done, pull them out. Take them off of the parchment paper, and place them on a paper towel. This step will help to absorb any oil/grease from the cheese. You can skip the paper towel step, if you would like, but they will be a little bit greasy and not as crisp!!
6. Once they cool down, they're ready to eat. We like to serve them with our sour cream dip shown above!
Nutrition Facts (per 3 chips)
5.4 g fats
1.2 g carbs
4.4 g proteins
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave us a comment if you like this dish, and be sure to click the heart! Also, leave a comment if you changed anything about this recipe and how that worked out for you! Thank you!!!