Updated: Jan 19, 2021
Even though I'm keto, my family is not. I enjoy cooking, so I still make their favorites. This is a twist of both carbonara & alfredo. Two of our household favs. Combining them together, what could be better??!! This is a hearty meal, total comfort food. Everything BUT THE PASTA is keto!! You can use a low carb pasta if you like! Hope you enjoy!
Servings: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
2 ounces of cream cheese soften
2 pounds (cooked, chopped) chicken breast [my chicken marinade makes delicious chicken, if you want my suggestion]
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese [fresh is best, but other types are fine too]
4 tablespoons of butter softened
12 ounces heavy cream
1 box (cooked) pasta your choice
8 ounce (cut in half) cherry tomatoes
2 cloves (diced) fresh garlic
4 ounces bacon [I like cubed slab bacon but any will do]
2 stalks fresh chives [you can cut them up anyway you like]
1 ounce topping (before serving) 5 cheese blend Italian shredded cheese
1. First, cook your bacon. You can cook in a pan, but I like using a wok. A wok allows you to keep this a one dish meal. This wok is the one I like to use. Once cooked, drain the grease from the pan. Leave about a tablespoon worth of grease in the pan. Set the bacon aside on a paper towel.
2. Back to the pan. Now add your heavy cream and garlic. Bring it to a simmer.
3. Then, add butter, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Add in one ingredient at a time and whisk in between. Bring this to a soft boil.
4. Add your chopped up cooked chicken and mix it up. Then, add in your cooked pasta.
5. You can keep stirring until everything is coated and hot.
6. Now, you can add your toppings: tomatoes, chives, 5 cheese blend Italian, and more bacon (if desired).
7. Serve immediately.
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave us a comment if you like this dish, and be sure to click the heart! Also, leave a comment if you changed anything about this recipe and how that worked out for you! Thank you!!!