Updated: Jan 19, 2021
We all love fried rice, am I right? But we don't always love the carbs that come along with it. This cauliflower fried rice is a little bit more carb friendly and a tad healthier than your typical fried rice. Now that I'm keto, I have found that I crave so many things, fried rice is one of them!! I will tell you that this is satisfying!! If you want to make this a little bit more keto-friendly, you can sub the carrots and peas for broccoli or green beans. Since I'm dirty keto, I felt that the little bit that I was going to eat was fine. You can be your own boss and decide lol. I have to say before I started making this, I was a little bit leery of it tasting well... like cauliflower. Believe it or not, it doesn't have that taste at all!!! This taste is very similar to fried rice. That being said, not one person in my house eats cauliflower, including myself!! But everyone ate this dish. I'm calling it a win-win. It's comforting, filling, and you can make it with whatever vegetables you want. You can add meat, shrimp, or chicken!!
Servings: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
12-ounce bag cauliflower rice
3 tablespoons butter [butter is the key!! very little or no oil in my personal opinion. I feel like every great rice has butter!!]
2 (scrambled) large eggs
1/2 cup green onions/scallions
3 cloves (minced) garlic
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoon soy sauce [can be low sodium if preferred]
1 cup of frozen pea and carrot mix [can use other frozen vegetables if preferred]
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil [I like the seasoned kind that has ginger and garlic in it.]
1/2 cup (chopped) cashews
1/4 cup (chopped) white, sweet onion
1 teaspoon rice cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame seeds [optional]
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Grab a wok; it works best!!
2. Add a tablespoon of butter, followed by some chopped garlic and chopped onion. Cook this on a medium to low heat. We want them soft, not burnt.
3. Now add your scrambled egg mix, a little bit of black pepper and chili powder. Cook the mixture until it looks scrambled. Remove the scrambled egg mixture, and set it aside.
4. Your wok is now empty. Add your other two tablespoons of butter. Then followed by your cauliflower rice, your chopped cashews, and frozen vegetables. Stir this mixture until it starts to soften.
5. Now, add your other ingredients one at a time: soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, rice cider vinegar, and about 1/2 cup of green onions (save some to top with at the end). Mix well.
6. Now add your egg mix back in. Stir until evenly heated.
7. You're now ready to serve it!! Put it in a bowl, and sprinkle sesame seeds (if wanted) and a little bit more green onion to top it off with.
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave us a comment if you like this dish, and be sure to click the heart! Also, leave a comment if you changed anything about this recipe and how that worked out for you! Thank you!!!