Brown Sugar Barbecue Chicken (keto-friendly)
Updated: Jan 19, 2021
Most of you know when you go on keto, you give up things like barbecue sauce and brown sugar. It stinks!! I messed around with a little bit of Swerve brown sugar substitute, sugar-free hickory barbecue sauce, and a few other ingredients. I feel like I have a winner winner chicken dinner here! HA, I had to! I think that this will not only be great for a barbecue marinade, but it will also be ideal for chicken wings. I was really satisfied with the barbecue flavoring. The only thing I may do different next time is the last five minutes, I would possibly try to uncover it and put it on a low broil, just to get a little bit of char or some browning on top. But either way will be great. I hope you give this a try!!
Servings: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes - 1 hour
2 pounds (skinless) chicken tenderloins
2 tablespoons Swerve brown sugar substitute
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons sugar free hickory barbecue sauce
3 cloves (fresh, chopped) garlic
1 tablespoon (chopped) shallots
1 tablespoon onion salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon roasted ginger
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
1. First, start off by preheating your oven to 350F.
2. Now, let's make your barbecue sauce. Grab a medium sized bowl. Now, chop up your garlic and shallots. Place your garlic and shallots in a bowl along with 1 tablespoon of your extra virgin olive oil. Mix them together well.
3. Now, add your onion salt, garlic powder, roasted ginger, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar substitute, and Dijon to the barbecue sauce mixture started in step 2. Whisk it all together. Then, add your sugar free barbecue sauce, and mix that well.
4. Then grab yourself a baking dish. Lightly coat the dish with your other tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Place the chicken in the pan pretty close together, and sprinkle some salt and pepper on top. Now, you can pour your mixture directly on top. Cover it up with some aluminum foil, and stick it in the oven for 35 minutes. Optionally, you could uncover it and put it back in the oven for 5-10 minutes or 5 minutes under a broiler to the the chicken brown on top.
5. Now, you're ready to chow down!! Serve this with a salad, zucchini fries, or zucchini noodles!
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave us a comment if you like this dish, and be sure to click the heart! Also, leave a comment if you changed anything about this recipe and how that worked out for you! Thank you!!!